Liverpool Football College enables players to showcase their talents in high profile competitive and friendly matches. Players are supported through innovative coaching delivered by highly experienced and qualified staff.
Liverpool Football College enjoyed a very successful 2016/17 campaign with the U19 men’s team winning an unprecedented cup treble. The team ran out victorious in the world famous Dallas Cup. Domestically, they won the Everton Senior Shield. The team was victorious in the National Youth Development League Cup, overcoming Tottenham Hotspur in the final.
A number of players have gained USA Scholarships or have progressed to UK universities, while many of the younger players are being monitored closely.
The programme develops the whole player on and off the pitch. Features include:
- Customised technical programme
- Personalised training, monitoring fitness and player development
- UEFA qualified and experienced coaches
- Guest coaching from ex-professional footballers
- Guest speakers; agents, ex-professionals, coaches, journalists, sports scientists
- Regular competitive league and cup games
- High profile friendlies against Premier and Football League teams Dallas Cup, Surf Cup and European Tours
- Sports Science approach; team and player analysis, strength and conditioning training, nutritional advice, sports psychologist sessions
- Potential pathways to professional clubs
- Opportunities to watch live Premiership and Football League games; visits to training grounds
Our players are coached by UEFA qualified coaches, including ex-professional players and managers designed to enhance all aspects of their game.
Sessions focus on improving individual technique, tactical awareness and the importance of team work. There is focus on players developing physically through our strength and conditioning programme, which is a vital component of the modern game.
High profile fixtures are held against teams in the Premier and Football League. Showcase games give players the opportunity to play in front of professional clubs and USA College Scouts.
We have a proven track record in supporting students onto pathways in UK and USA Universities, coaching and employment.
Our offer also includes:
- Question and Answer sessions with current and former pro-footballers and coaches/ managers
- CPD sessions with the local and National Football Associations (LCFA, The FA)
- Seminars with FIFA-approved Player Agents
- Specialist coaching sessions for all outfield positions from UEFA qualified coaches
- Specialist goalkeeping sessions from UEFA qualified coaches
- Physiotherapy sessions
- Sport Science approach to improve player development, strength and conditioning, nutrition and performance analysis
- Opportunity to visit Premier League and Football League matches
- Opportunity to take FA Coaching Badges and LCFA Referee course